Penobscot Valley Senior College
Skip to nav
PVSC ONE-DAY ZOOM PRESENTATIONS NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2023 AND JANUARY 2024
PVSC ONE-DAY ZOOM PRESENTATIONS (ODP) are free with your current PVSC or other MSCN college membership.
- Register online with your email address and password (Register > Courses > One-Day Zoom Presentations), or mail the registration form (link attached). (The ODP held in-person on Nov. 9th will be on a separate registration.)
- This registration enables current members to attend one or all of the 6 Zoom events. The Zoom link will be emailed the morning of each presentation. A link to the recording is emailed after the event, and is available to view for two weeks.
- Each presentation will be one hour, with up to 15 minutes additional time for Q&A if needed.
- You may register for PVSC 2024 membership year (January 1 - Dec. 31, 2024) at the same time. If you do not have a 2023 membership, or wish to attend the January ODP's, we advise you to pay your 2024 membership dues at the same time you register for the presentations--still $25 for one individual and $40 for two at the same mailing address.
- If you are a member of another MSCN college, you may need to register by email if you have not taken a PVSC course during 2023. Email your name, mailing address, email address. phone number, and college affiliation and expiration date to Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete topic information and presenter biography will be emailed with each week's presentation Zoom link.
Tuesday Dec. 5, 2023 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: Overview of the 1980 Legislation settling the Land Claims of the Penobscot Nation, the Passamaquoddy Tribe, and the Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians
Presenter: Timothy C. Woodcock, Attorney, Eaton Peabody -present; Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs-1980-1983; U.S. Senate for William S. Cohen 1979-1983
Tuesday Dec. 12, 2023 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: Challenges Facing Contemporary Journalism in the United States
Presenter: Michael Socolow, UMaine Communication and Journalism
Tuesday Jan. 2, 2024 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: Hiking in ICELAND
Presenters: John Bryant, Betty Jamison, Kris Reid
Tuesday Jan. 9, 2024 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: Understanding the Effects of Arsenic on Aging: An Invitation to Participate in the Healthy Water, Healthy Aging Study
Presenter: Dr. Jane Disney, MDI Biological Laboratory, Associate Professor of Environmental Health
Tuesday Jan. 16, 2024 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: The Ice Age Archaeology of Maine
Presenter: Arthur Anderson, Ph.D, University of New England, Associate Teaching Professor, Archaeology of Cultural Change, coast of New England and Maritime Canada.
Tuesday Jan. 23, 2024 4:00 PM on Zoom
Topic: Advances in Cancer Treatment Using Precision Oncology: The Maine Cancer Genomics Initiative
Presenter: Dr. Jens Rueter, M.D., The Jackson Laboratory Chief Medical Officer; Maine Cancer Genomics Initiative Medical Director; JAX Cancer Cancer Center Associate Director for Translational Education
Additional Forms and Files: